Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Deep thoughts....


Today, I watched the inauguration.  I found it simply overwhelming.  I have always been a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to politics, too annoyed and disturbed by all the chaos to let myself in.
Yet, a pride swelled in my heart as our Nation, once again followed the traditions of their forefathers and were called to remember the principles that our nation was founded upon.  Soon, as always, we brace ourselves for more battering and rhetoric, but today...I was just grateful to be an American.  I found myself wanting to be a ripple in the lake that makes this country so beautiful.  
And as I change diapers and quiz spelling words with each child I am throwing a ripple out there to a world that is sure to be tried...but rooted in the simplicity of motherhood, family and God.
I am proud to be an American.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your picture! i think everyone feels the same especially judging by the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete