Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas. The real thing.

This is my crinkled up thank you note to my father in Heaven. 
 I wrote it a few weeks ago,
in the wee hours of the morning
 during our stay at little America.

Somewhere in the space and place I wrote that note,
 my thoughts turned to my Savior,
and how he has plead for me and comforted me
 and I wanted my children to feel the same
safety and peace that I feel when I celebrate him,

So instead of going for another swim,
 I packed them up and headed
for the Christ statue at Temple square
We had gone the night before,
but 
With the lively crowds and fast trains
We missed the chance to the marvel at his presence.

We were there quite early
and had him all to ourselves.
We met a sister missionary from the
Congo.  Her testimony was tangible,
you could see her story falling from her eyes 
in one big slow tear drop.
I loved her instantly.
We walked for hours,
in the seeming crystal light.
I bore my testimony of the Savior.
And of the Saviors love for
EVERYONE.
And for the first time we all saw
the conference center.
Beautiful.
It was sort of a gift for me to be their alone with them.
Even though I missed Garrett terribly.
And so did the kids.
(He would have let them swim in the ponds.)
but...
It was a bit of a "I am back" moment.
I've been having a lot of those lately
Look...I can walk.  I can run...I can brush my teeth!
I am so thankful for my family,
for everything we have been through,
and the knowledge we have that we can make it through 
anything as long as we have him.

And I am sooo grateful for all of you.
I haven't even started thank you cards yet.
It may take a few years.
Just know I love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone expects a thank you card! That's is the best gift you can give your children, your unwavering testimony!! Love you !

    ReplyDelete