Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lights

Christmas lights at Temple sqaure.
Wow.
Beautiful.
But opening night....  Crazy spinning,
hundreds of people,
me wondering if all my children were within sight.
But Wow.
Worth it.
I love this weird snapshot River took,
because I think it shows both my wonder
and fatigue, and delight, and sigh.
Daddy had to work.
But we had all of our big Smith Family.


We made a night of it and stayed at little America.
Wow.
It's the grand sort of place that you ew and ah
and then clinch your wallet at the thought of
one of your children tipping something over.
Isn't she cute?
I love my other mama.
We rode the tracks from the hotel
into the city.
I love the motion and organic energy of
the hustle and bustle.
Fast trains and spilled coffee,
and chatty city people.
River does too.
He sort of comes alive around any techno-light
type thing.  Savannah and Malia loved
later on, when I talked with a British accent and
served them coco in our hotel room with their cute cousins.
NOT in the white sheets:
That was after we swam in the pool (s).
I swam under the window to the outside pool.
I was alone. (suprise -3 degrees)
I floated on my back and looked up at the
stars, felt a tear drop in the water.
I am so grateful for life.

So much more to write on this story.
But I am starting to see stars again.
I wish you all a freezing pool cry baby moment.


2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad your getting out and enjoying things! especially something that special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I bet your children loved every minute of it with you as well:-)

    ReplyDelete